Associate Professor / Vice Principal (Female ) Chemistry BPS-19 were announced by FPSC in November 2021 in Federal Directorate of Education. The syllabus for the post of FPSC Associate Professor has been announced now . Test will conducted in first week of April 20022. While looking at the FPSC past papers of AP and Vice Principal and others, test will be of Subjective and MCQs type and having 100 Marks . Following is the syllabus.
FPSC Vice Principal / Associate Professor Chemistry Syllabus 2022
Part 1- 25 MCQs Questions on Part 2 and 3 (25 Marks)
Part 2- Chemistry (50 Marks)
- Atomic structure.—Quantum theory, Schrodinger equation, Particle in box, hydrogen atom. Hydrogen moleculeion, hydrogen molecule. Theories of hydrogen and metallic bonding.
- Electrochemistry.—Ionic equilibria, theory of strong electrolytes; ebye-Huckel theory of activity coefficients, galvanic cells, membrane equilibria and fuel cells. Theories of Acids and Bases, glass electrode, measurement of pH. Electrolysis, overvoltage and corrosion.
- Chemistry of Following Elements.—Oxygen, Carbon, Chlorine, Silicon, Nitrogen, Phosphorus.
- Inorganic Chemical Industries.—Sulphuric Acid, Fixation of Nitrogen, Chemical Fertilizers, Semi-conductivity devices. Cement, Glass and Ceramics.
- Chemistry of Natural Products.—Elementary study of Carbohydrates. Oils and Fats. Alkaloids and Vitamins.
- Industrial Organic Chemistry.—Organic Polymers. Fermentation processes including preparation of Anti-Biotics. Petro-Chemical Industry.
Part 3 Professional (25 Marks)
- Development of Curriculum and Instructional Material
- Elements of Curriculum.
- Curriculum Development Process: Need Assessment, Formulation of Aims and Objectives, Taxonomies of Educational Objectives, Selection of Content, Development of Curricular Materials.
Process of Teaching and Teaching Strategies
- Process of Classroom Communication
- Factors affecting Classroom Communication
- Barriers to Classroom Communications
- Use of Instructional Materials and Media
Educational Assessment and Evaluation
- Concept of Classroom Assessment and Evaluation
- Distinction between Assessment, Evaluation and Measurement
- Approaches to Evaluation: Formative Evaluation; Summative Evaluation
- Types of Test: Essay Type; Objective Type: Multiple Choice, True-False Items, Matching Type; Principles of Construction of these Test
- Characteristics of a Good Test: Validity, Reliability, Objectivity, Usability
- Educational Assessment and Evaluation
Research Methods in Education
- Research Instruments: Questionnaire: Interview; Test; Observation; Rating Scale
- Research Proposal and Report Writing.