Civil Service Reforms committee was formed under the chairmanship of Dr. Ishrat Hussain Ex Governor of the State Bank of Pakistan for bringing reforms in current civil service rules. Committee has submitted their proposal along with recommendations on Civil Service reforms 2019 in Pakistan to the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan for approval from cabinet. Still cabinet has not made any decision in this regard for its implementation. Main aim of the bringing reforms in Civil Services is to bring specialized bureaucracy and eliminate old concept of superior services and all the differences of cadre and Non cadre will be removed. You can download Civil Service reforms 2019 in pdf . Aspirants of CSS 2020 are worried and several questions are being raised in their minds what will happen now. We will try to answer questions which are arising in their minds of aspirant s on Civil Service Reforms 2019.
- From which year Civil Service reforms will be imposed? Answer to this question is that it will take time because Dr ishrat Hussain committee report recommended changing the entire structure of Civil Service so it will not be possible to implement these reforms for the upcoming CSS 2020. To bring reforms in Civil Service only executive order will not work an amendments in the law will be mandatory in the Constitution of Pakistan.
- CSS 2020 Syllabus will be revised or not ? It looks like CSS 2020 syllabus will not be revised this year and exam will be conducted on previous pattern.
- Civil Service Reforms will be acceptable to the bureaucracy? I think it will require long discussion to take on board all the civil servants who are currently working in Federal Capital and in the Provinces. Even civil servants belonging to Punjab, KPK, Balochistan and Sindh shown their concerns for not giving representation in the reforms committee.
- Whether CSS Aspirants should start their preparation as per previous syllabus for upcoming CSS 2020? Answer to this question is yes because it will take some time and require lot of paper work by the Government and taking all the stake holders on board on this issue . So our suggestion is that you should start your preparation as per CSS 2019 syllabus. FPSC informs about any changes in the CSS rules , syllabus and any other changes at least 6 months before the exam.
Civil Service Reforms 2019 by Ishrat Hussain
You can check all the details about the possible Civil Service Reforms proposal by Dr Ishrat Hussain below .
New proposed system in civil service recruitment will have following four stages.
- In the first stage there will be screening test
- In the second stage there will be Cluster based specialized recruitment
- In the third stage there will be psychometric evaluation to judge the capability of the candidate and in which group he is fit
- In the fourth and final stage there will interview for those candidates who qualify stage 1 to 3.
Second and most important thing is that there will be three occupational groups with educational prerequisites
- Such as General Group which includes Pakistan Administrative Service, Police Service of Pakistan and Foreign Service of Pakistan.
- Candidates who will be willing to serve in Auditor General of Pakistan or Accountant General of Pakistan or Federal Board of Revenue they all will required perquisite education in Economics or Business related.
According to Media reports these recommendations on Civil Service Reforms 2019 will be brought under consideration of the cabinet and then finally be approved . Further more there are very less chances for CSS 2020 rules and syllabus will be revised.