Gender Studies is an optional subject in CSS of Group V and got the attention of the aspirants after the revision of the CSS syllabus in 2016. Gender Studies is high scoring subject as compared to other optional subjects placed in group V. Total of 100 Marks are set for Gender Studies Paper. Gender Studies FPSC Syllabus for the CSS 2021 is as under:-
Gender Studies CSS Syllabus
Gender Studies contain following syllabus for CSS Examination and this syllabus is announced by FPSC. You can prepare your Gender Study paper easily by following the given below syllabus and this is a very high scoring subject in Group Five . Past papers of CSS 2020 Gender Studies can help a lot in better understanding of the syllabus of GS.
1. Introduction to Gender Studies CSS Syllabs
- Introduction to Gender Studies
- Difference between Gender and Women Studies
- Multi disciplinary nature of Gender studies
- Autonomy VS Integration Debate in Gender Studies
- Status of Gender Studies in Pakistan
2. Social Construction of Gender
- Historicizing Constructionism
- Problematizing the category of "Sex" Theory
- Is " Sex Socially determined too.
- Masculinity and Feminism
- Nature Vs Culture
3. Feminist Theories and Practices CSS Syllabus 2021
- What is feminism
- Liberal Feminism
- Radical Feminism
- Marxist/ Socialist Feminism
- Psychoanalytical Feminism
- Men's Feminism
- Postmodern Feminism
4. Feminist Movements
- Feminist Movements in the west, First Wave, Second Wave and 3rd Wave, United Nations Conference on Women, Feminist Movements in Pakistan
5. Gender and Development
- Colonial and capitalistic perspectives of gender, gender analysis of development theories, Modernization theory, World System Theory, Dependency Theory, Structural Functionalism, How Gender approaches to development, Women in Development (WID), Women and Development (WAD) , Gender and Development (GAD), Gender critique of structural Adjustment Policies (SAPs), Globalization and Gender
6. Status of Women in Pakistan
Status of Women Health in Pakistan, Status of Women in Education, Women and Employment , Women and Law
7. Gender and Governance
Defining Governance , Suffragist Movement, Gender Issues in Women as Voters, Gender Issues in Women as candidates, Gender Issues in Women as representatives and Impact of Political Quota in Pakistan.
8. Gender Based Violence
Defining gender based violence , theories of violence against women, structural and direct form of violence , Strategies to eliminates violence against women.
9. Case Studies which got importance in Pakistani and International Media such as Mukhtaran Mai, Malala Yousufzai and Shermin ubain chinoy .
If we go through the above mentioned syllabus of Gender studies we will find some topics which are very basic and need very less preparation and one thing must be noted that Current Affairs regarding this subject will also play a major role in getting high score in this subject. Although theories are little bit tough but with proper plan and daily preparation schedule will overcome these difficulties. Don't forget to review the past papers of CSS 2020 which will bring the clear picture of this Subject Gender Studies.